Thursday, March 13, 2014

Valentines Day unit

To start our conversation on Valentines Day we learned the sign language for I love you. I traced and cut out each students hand and glued down the appropriate fingers. The students wrote I love you and applied foam stickers. 

As a quick valentine to make instead of a card I gave each student a blank heart to fill in with ripped up pieces of paper.

To help hold all of our goodies from our valentines party I give each student a white paper bag and a valentine picture for them to glue on. After they glue it on they get to decorate the rest of the bag however they want.
 

LEARNING CENTERS
In math center each student got to pick a heart which told them what color and how many dots to put inside the heart.
Another mt h center was to graph candy hearts by color. I gave each student 15 hearts and they sorted them by color and then filled in the graph.
In writing center the students had to finish the sentence "I love my..." 5 different times.






No comments:

Post a Comment